English for HR and Employment
As these days more and more people seek employment at multinational companies or abroad they invariably face a major challenge of writing a CV, cover letter and having a job interview in English. HR managers in turn undertake a daunting task of dealing with culturally and linguistically diverse workforce.
The course looks at the entire process of employment both from the perspective of the employer and the job-seeker and aims at preparing the participants of the labour market for work in international business environment.
During the course the participants will receive valuable vocabulary and grammatical input for every stage of the employment procedure.
Job-seekers will master the skills of
– responding to job advertisements and researching the companies they are applying to;
– writing a CV and cover letter in English;
– answering job interview questions successfully in English;
– negotiating their salary.
HR managers will learn to
– write job advertisements in English;
– deal with CVs written in English;
– conduct effective job interviews in English and write follow-up emails;
– manage culturally and linguistically diverse teams;
– understand international employment law.
Methodology: Being based mainly on communicative approach the course features panel discussions, pair work, role plays, case studies, simulations and skills-based exercises among other activities .
Course duration: the course is offered in two formats:
- a short course (20 hours or 10 classes)
- a master class (240 min)
Required language level: Pre-Intermediate and higher